Friday, October 17, 2014

Even The Owner of a Pest Control Company - Rats!

Yes, even an owner of Cascade Pest Control can have persistent rat problems. Here I am holding my crawlspace access door, obviously gnawed on by rats. I had heard--late at night--a chewing sound under the house. Being well versed in pest control I did a thorough inspection of the house. I found 6 access points on the roof that, thankfully, rodents--rats, mice or squirrels--hadn't yet found. Then came the crawlspace. I did notice that the crawl access door didn't fit well and their were rat "grease marks" or "rubbings" aright around a gap in the crawlspace access door. It is a 9 year old home and I'd never found rodent droppings in the crawlspace before...but now they were here. They'd found a gap in the crawlspace access door, had created a maze of tunnels in the subfloor insulation--which compromises my subfloor insulation, and gnawing on some wood in the subfloor support area. At first I thought I'd sealed the door. But eventually I had to go the whole route, the way we at Cascade recommend and with the combination of specially placed baits and traps they are just about all gone. And I learned that "hardy board" is NOT rodent proof! And, much to my chagrin, my technicians already knew it. Last but not least is ongoing rodent control to periodically check for activity and new entry points. Also establishing a perimeter defense with bait/trap stations is important. But, just the same, it can and does happen to everyone, even the owner of the pest control company!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I shall now enrich your life by sharing with you about Rats or Rodent Control. There are many factors which influenced the development of Rats or Rodent Control. Though Rats or Rodent Control is a favorite topic of discussion amongst monarchs, presidents and dictators, Rats or Rodent Control is featuring more and more in the ideals of the young and upwardly mobile.

Unknown said...

There has been a rodent problem in my home for a few days, and we need to get them out before the holidays start! My husband and I have been looking for their entrance, but we haven't been able to find anything. I'll have my husband look at the opening to our crawl space, and hopefully, he'll be able to find something useful, like you did. We're hoping to get rid of them ourselves, so I'm going to start talking to my husband about getting bait and traps, like you've suggested.

Sara Welsh | http://www.americanextermination.com/

Liza said...

Hello fiends!! I would like to suggest you best pest control Port Macquarie company that is providing best services in the city and also providing best treatment program to prevent pests in future. I have used their services and it was really a good experience.

Unknown said...

That is both good and sad to know that even pest control company owners are not immune to getting pests! I don't know what I would do if we had rats at our place. Did you end up having to tear out the insulation and putting it back in as well as sealing the door? http://www.eaglepesteliminators.com/pest-library/8-pests/12-rodents.html